Tuesday 21 August 2012

FINALLY! Taylor's first email home...enjoy!


The MTC is great! i'm doing really well! I'm learning so much! My companion Elder Lewis is awesome and we get along great! He is serving in Sydney!!! I met an elder the generation ahead of us going to Montreal! He is cool, I bet we will be companions. I got called to be District Leader on Thursday, our district is awesome! We have 8 Elders and 3 Sisters. It's so much fun. Most of us play volleball during gym, and we continue to grow more unified everyday! I love everyone so much!

I have been learning so much! Obviously lots of mandarin. It's crazy! Our teacher only speaks in mandarin and I can already pray and bear my testimony. Elder Lewis and I have taught two lessons already and one lasted an hour! ALL IN MANDARIN! It's a lot of fun and hard work, we are sure kept busy, especially as District Leader, I have some extra assignments and meetings to go to, but I love it.

My branch President knows Ben and I told him Mark was here and he wants to meet him! Today is Marks P-day too so I saw him at laundry.
     I also saw my friend Spencer who is going to Bulgaria, I think he left today though.
     I've adjusted to the schedule well enough, it helps that the Lord is on our side. I can totally feel the Spirit every where and reading my scriptures is such a cool experience because I learn so much more with the new focus.

Most of the missionaries in my district are going to the Taiwan Taipei Mission.
    Thank you and everyone for sending me DearElder letters, it's great getting those throughout the week, even if I can only write on P-days.

It's weird looking down and seeing a tag with my name, and then "The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" in Mandarin characters underneath. Sometimes I just stop and say "I'm a missionary!" Very cool. I can't wait to keep learning and growing! I have a long way to go but I know I'll get there. It's amazing to see all the missionaries here, all the people that want to share their happiness and the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others!

Love Han Zhanglao (Elder Heinzlmeir)





No comments:

Post a Comment