Monday 10 June 2013

Transfer time!

This week has been incredible! A lot has happened that has been so great! Also, Lewis' arm... ouch, but ya, so good!

So Tuesday, everyone switched companions and contacted all day! I was with Elder Thia from France. We had such a good time! We talked to more than 250 people and got 3 new people to teach in one day! We also met some really interesting people. one guy we met took away our name tags because we weren't carrying a bible with us. We were like a block away from the car, so we took him with us, grabbed our bible and he gave us our tags beck. It was kinds weird, but also kinda funny. Doesn't happen everyday, or ever for that matter! Super cool!

Then it all flew by to Friday. Friday was a special day... one I will remember my whole life! Bryan was baptized on Friday! Actually there were 2 baptisms, Elissa at 4:30 then Bryan at 6. I think nearly 40 people came to his baptism. Everything was just perfect. 

So we found Bryan about 6 weeks ago. It was when Elder Gamez was in a trio with us. We had just taught a lesson and were hurrying to another. On the way we would talk to people, but we were in a rush. I saw a group of three people coming and said something like "Hey we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, have you ever met missionaries before?" And so this guy stopped and told his two friends we would catch up later but wanted to talk with us. This is Bryan. Heavenly Father has been preparing him his while life. He started reading the Bible when he was 8. It was so cool to see the way he "feasted" on the Scriptures. Every lesson we taught was more like him teaching us, and he readily accepted to be baptized to get closer to our Heavenly Father and our Saviour. It was a happy day for me to see the progress he has made and I have made in 6 short weeks. Heavenly Father blesses us as we follow him. As we do his will. All we need to do is try our best.

So it's been a crazy week. Transfer calls are always so exciting! It was surreal when President called and told me I am going back to Montreal, but I am excited for this new Chapter in my mission! Here I come French speaking family ward!

Love you so much! Have a great week!


Love Elder Heinzlmeir







No comments:

Post a Comment