Tuesday 11 September 2012

Week 4 at the MTC


Well as usual my time has been great. My Chinese isn't that great yet, it's a work in progress but it sure is fun. It is weird sometimes to think that I am learning Mandarin, but it gets me excited! Yes Elder Lewis is still my companion and will be for the entire time at the MTC. He is a great guy, I'm sure you can tell by the pictures. He is from Danville California, in between San Fransisco and Oakland. We have similar interests, most importantly we get along great!

Cool story, there is a building called the TRC where people volunteer to be taught. Usually they are return missionaries, but last Saturday we taught a real investigator... in Mandarin! Pretty crazy.

On other big news... 17 Elders from our zone put together an acapella group singing "Come Thou Fount" and we had the opportun ity to sing, instead of the closing him, oat the Sunday night Fireside for the whole MTC! It was amazing! I really enjoyed it, and the arrangment was so good. I think we are going to meet sometime this week to record it on our cameras, then I could send it so you could see!

I got your package on Thursday! It was so exciting! (I sent him Ketchup chips, Canadian Smarties and Cherry Blasters)Then I made everyone in my district try the chips. They agreed that the chips aren't too bad, but glad they tried them. Oh and my calling as district leader is over as of Sunday, they rotate through every 3-4 weeks to give a lot of Elders the opporunity. Our new district leader is Elder Lackey. He is a great Elder. We have a pretty amazing district, and good teachers too.

I love going to the Temple! We always go in the morning to start the day off on the right foot. Then we do laundry and write letters. Then today Elder Lewis and I went to the gym, and now we are writing E-mails. We do service every Monday morning, and Elder Lewis and I are very lucky and get very easy tasks, like cleaning vaccums or disinfecting door knobs, which is a lot better than cleaning bathrooms! Then we clean the classroom Monday night and there is always a race for the vaccum because there are 2 vaccums on our floor and arounf 20 classrooms! Sundays are awesome! We have Priesthood in the morning then Sacrament meeting after lunch. Then Temple walk and Choir, followed by supper and Fireside. Then we get to watch a movie. We watched a talk from Elder Holland last Sunday called "Missions are Forever" It was sooo good! The week before that we watched Legacy in Mandarin, which was really fun, even though I really didn't understand much. Saturdays are TRC. Fridays we get pizza for dinner. Thursdays are pretty normal. Wednesdays the new missionaries arrive. It's fun trying to say "Welcome to the MTC Elder" to as many new missionaries as we can, especially after being here for so long. I think soon I can be a host missionary. Tuesdays are preperation day, so as I described before only after this I'm going to choir, then eat, then to the Tuesday Devotional.  Oh and on Wednesdays and Sundays we get BYU creamery ice cream! It's pretty good.

Thats pretty much a day in the life at the MTC, minus all the class time and studying, which is pretty much all the time, but it's great because this is the only time in my life that I will have this much time to study so I better make the most of it.

Well gotta run. Love you so much!!!

我爱你  (I love you)

汉长老 (Han Zhangloa) Elder Heinzlmeir

P.S. Those are the simplified characters. They use simplified in mainland China.

No comments:

Post a Comment