Wednesday 17 October 2012

The countdown...


Hey! How is every one doing?

Things are pretty sweet at the MTC. Last Tuesday Elder Bednar came to speak! It was so cool, definitely could feel the Spirit strongly in the room. He taught us his method of studying General Conference talks, which was really cool because even a member of the Quorum of the Twelve studies the talks. It was really interesting because the focus was on getting personal revelation from the talks, what we can learn or change ourselves. I'm pretty sure he looked at me too (did I mention I was in the third row!) Pretty cool.

Wednesday was pretty good too, our lessons with our investigators have been going great! Both of their baptisms are scheduled for Saturday! Still have a lot to teach them but everything is great! I'm really getting better at teaching to our investigators needs and helping them through their trials. Or rather showing them how to receive help from the Lord. I definitely see His hand in everything I do. It's really helped me become a better missionary and help those that we teach.

I learn so much over the course of a week, it's hard to choose what to share. The days seem to be flying by now. It's a big cycle of teaching, learning and playing four square during gym. I guess I leave on the 30th so two weeks from today! 

I think the most important thing I learned this week is just how precious time is on the mission. It's time we have given to the Saviour and we need to use it wisely. We need to be focused and diligent and always remember the big picture of what we are doing. Our teachers have been stressing this. One of our teachers said "If you use your time the way you need to, the Lord will put people in your path that have been prepared, but if you don't He will take them away". Really helped to realize just how important this work really is. Salvation is on the line!

So I hope Reggie starts to be able to read, I know he can do it. Did Brianna get the card I sent? Cool that you are doing scripture study in the morning. Thats super important!

Love you all lots!

Edler Heinzlmeir

Oh and I ran into my friend Elder Nelson the other day! He is going to Guatemala, and is going to the MTC there next week. Cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment