Tuesday 9 October 2012

Week 9 at the MTC


Hey!!

How awesome was conference! Can you believe it! The age changes are so cool! And yes mom everyone was buzzing at the MTC (Some people even cheered...a little irreverant). I liked Elder Nelson's talk about asking the missionaries... that's me! I would love to write all I learned but it would take longer than half an hour. I'll just some of the talks I enjoyed: President Uchtdorf - Reaching your Potential, Elder Oaks - Protecting Children, Elder Christofferson - Being a Man, President Eyring - the one about the pavillion, Elder Holland, and of course the Prophet. Can't wait for the Ensign to come out so I can study them! (And maybe i'll get the Liahona and try and translate the Mandarin). 

So yesterday taught a good recap lesson on the Gospel, especially on repentance and baptism. Both of our "Progressing investigators" are scheduled to be baptized on the 20th of this month! Oh congrats Ryan btw. Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Hope you all had a lot of fun! Because of conference all we did Saturday and Sunday was watch conference and study! We did a temple walk, and had a Fireside on Sunday. Chad Lewis came, he is an ex-NFL player, went to Taiwan on his mission. He had a powerpoint of pictures and talked about experiences in his life and how they relate to missionary work, really cool. He climbed Mount Kilimanjaro (I know that was wrong but I can't google it).

Other than that... let me think... the days are going by so quickly now, it's already our week 9 at the MTC! A lot of teaching a lot of spiritual experiences, trials and blessings.

Last night I had a dream I was in Montreal street contacting, in French, but I randomly switched to Mandarin and could only speak Chinese! Too bad I was talking to French people.

Well other than that, I cleaned bathrooms, biked for 48 mins for gym, played a lot of 4 square, taught lots of lessons. Elder Lewis is District Leader so we get to pick up the mail everyday again.

Chinese is progressing at a little bit of a slower rate, but thats ok, just gotta work a little harder I guess.

Thanks for the pictures mom!

Well love you lots! Have a great week!

Love Elder Heinzlmeir

No comments:

Post a Comment