Monday 19 May 2014

Sherbrooke

SHERBROOKE

Good Morning! What a week this was. Many changes. I`m grateful to be living in this time, for the experiences I am having, and for all the blessings in my life. Seriously, life is G-O-O-D. Another week, another story.

Monday:

Elder Fontaine and I took it easy. We played sports at the mission office, which was a lot of fun. Then we went about trying to visit as many people as we could.

Tuesday:

Felt like a continuation of Monday. Continued making visits, then had dinner with the Patricks and Elder Gonzalez (The new Elder Taylor is training until he comes home). During dinner, President says "Elder Gonzalez, you`re new companion should be here by dessert." Then we started eating dessert and he gave the great reveal.

Wednesday:

We made the switch, and we left Montreal (after having to get a poutine with Elder Gonzalez.)

The next few days, we used to get to know the area and the people we will be working with. I really like Sherbrooke. It has a pretty laid-back feel. Especially compared to Montreal and Ottawa.

Sunday:

Church was great! Everyone was so nice! Nothing Better than a warm welcome.

Elder Gonzalez is great. It is a pleasure to work with him.

I got a call this morning from the office... with my flight plans. Rough. Direct from Montreal to Calgary. Crazy.
I have as much time left, as I spent at the MTC.

I realized this morning, I have come a long way. My understanding of the Gospel is going to set the tone for my whole life. I read a talk by Richard G. Scott about his mission and how he feels about it, because all the things he most treasures in life are a result of that. I can see that the same will be for me as I continue on this path.

We have been visiting everyone to help them learn from Preach My Gospel. I have been studying frequently from Chapter 1. Our Purpose. I really understand the meaning of having joy. That`s what we are here for. It comes as we follow God, simple as that. That is why it is important to help others come unto Christ, eternal happiness is at stake!

I found out I really like jump-rope. And playing guitar. And eating healthy. It`s fun.

How is everyone doing? House coming along? Study anything interesting in Preach My Gospel? Hope you had a great week!

Love, Elder Heinzlmeir



When Taylor sent this picture he took, it made me instantly understand how, when we are 'set in our ways', change is nearly impossible--without the help of others.  Let us not be trapped by our 'ways'.  We need to be flexible and willing to change for the better despite feeling trapped by our old habits.








Taylor's greenie.  Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment