Monday 21 July 2014

Still going strong...

Good Afternoon!

It is afternoon here at least. This week was great. Glad to hear you had a family BBQ. I think helping with unpacking will be a good activity to help me get into the groove of post-mission life. Missionaries that have gone home have told me that the most difficult part is not knowing what to do, so that solves that problem. I`m excited to see the Ward and how it works, even if it is just for a short time. Let me tell you about my week:

Monday:

Good day as usual, had dinner with the Beaudouin family, then had a lesson with Dominic. They brought us freezies, we were so excited. Well I was at least. I love freezies.

Tuesday:

We had some great lessons. In the evening we visited a member at the hospital. I love visiting people and talking with them, serving them the way Christ would. I guess feeling like you are helping someone makes it worth it.

Wednesday:

We had a lesson with Mike and he accepted our invitation to be baptized! Then we talked about family history with Sister Quijano. Interesting experience today, I was frustrated with myself for some miss-communication with the other Elders. I was really upset, in the moment the thought came to my mind to pray. As I prayed I really felt myself begin to calm down. My mood changed very quickly. This experience increased my understanding of the uses of prayer. Prayer really will change your mood and help you feel happier. It was a good reminder.

Thursday:

We went teaching with Brother Champagne! He is 91 years old! His testimony brightened the room. It was special to have him with us.

Friday:

We went to the hospital again to give a blessing to Hans. He seems to be doing much better. Later, we found out there is a piano outside on a street downtown, so we went there and sang hymns while people were about there evening. We met some very nice people. It was a fun way to do missionary work.

Saturday:

BAPTISM! Today was the baptism of Josée Lachance. The whole day was incredible. A lot of people turned out to support her, which was really nice.

Sunday:

Josée was confirmed, and we had a lot of people come to church. I taught Sunday School and Priesthood. Then we went over for Brother Russell`s 74th birthday! It was a good time.

That is the week in a nut shell. My scripture study was really great this week. I learned (and remembered) many things. I studied chapter 13 of Preach My Gospel to help me better understand certain peoples roles`in missionary work. Especially my own, but also so that I can be more effective in helping. I love you mom!

Love, Elder Heinzlmeir

No comments:

Post a Comment