Wednesday 13 April 2011

Now is the time!

Well I finally put my words into actions and made a blog! It feels good to follow through with a spur of the moment idea. I guess this blog's purpose is going to be for me to actually write down my ideas and to keep a record of things that I do in my life, and all in one convenient location!! I am just so glad that I have had this opportunity! I'd like to thank my mom for being a great example to me, and everyone around the table in Block 1912 when we went out for ice cream and came up with this idea, I hope I can make you all proud, but most of all I would like to thank the Academy!

On a more serious note, I think i'll start with my thoughts today. As some people know, today was the last day of classes at the U of A... Yes! I had my last psychology class today and we were discussing meditation. Anyone out there ever try some kind of meditation, if so, why did you try it, and how did it work out for you? I think it will be a good tool for studying. We talked about meditation being a way to focus your thoughts, and I was like "Great! Then I won't be thinking of flying monkeys when I should be studying physics!" For some reason I'm skeptical of the chance of success. Well it's worth a shot I suppose with exams coming up and what not. Any other suggestions on what I should be doing to prepare myself for the turmoil of exam writing?

Today I was also on Facebook and saw a post from a friend oppugning the Conservatives, and praising Elizabeth May's Green Party. This got me thinking, lately i've been trying to stay up to date on the platforms of the top parties but it seems there is a lot of misconception in the minds of my fellow students. Also the trustworthiness of the Prime Minister candidates is a HUGE topic, people keep saying things such as "I don't trust Harper" and "I trust the others less than I trust him" so it seems as though the general population is having trust issues. My point is coming, bear with me... so I think I am going to investigate, with the help of my friend the Internet, and maybe even post my findings on my new blog here! I want to get down to the root of the problem and help us all figure out who we should vote for, you know, with the upcoming election and all.

And with that we are coming to the conclusion of my first post on my blog, hope you all enjoy, but one last thing, I got a dictionary.com app on my phone, cause I'm cool like that, and it has this word of the day feature, today's word, praxis, it's meaning, practice! I thought maybe it was the gangster term but it turns out it's a real word (practice as in I practice medicine, or practicing law or whatever, not so much practicing soccer or something) but yes, it's fun learning new words!

Hope you all have a magnificent day! Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. So proud! And Honoured to be the Block 1912 influence. Welcome to the Blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meditated in my Psych class way back when as well! Weird...maybe it's secretly part of the Psych 105/106 line-up...but I wasn't really meditating cuz she had us lie on the floor and she turned out the lights...all I could think about was how disgusting the floor was and try to stop myself from laughing out loud at the keeners who were REALLY into it! Don't get me wrong...I've done some since and it really does help...sort of...and I LOVE Yoga...so you know...it was just weird in psych class...but hey...try new things right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the blog bro! I'm glad I was the to help inspire the creation it lol

    ReplyDelete