Sunday 24 April 2011

The Ture Meaning of Easter

Mmmm, Easter... I love Easter. I have fond memories of being just a wee lad and waking up to an excitement, finding the baskets that the Easter bunny left for me and my siblings and what might be inside,  partaking in mysterious Easter Egg hunts, indulging in chocolate, and spending time with family. This is usually what Easter is to me, however today, I had a different experience.

Living away from home, I'm not there to enjoy being with my family and seeing the look on my siblings faces when they find those chocolates, but it allowed me to focus on something equally as important. During the Christmas season we here of "the true meaning of Christmas" but for Easter, we don't get all that hype. I'm also guilty of this and so I propose that we take a minute to reflect on "the true meaning of Easter". Easter is the time of Christ's death, and more importantly resurrection! What an awesome day to celebrate! 

Jesus suffered and died so that we might, through Him, be forgiven of our sins. Then He overcame death altogether, also opening the doors for us to do the same! What a peaceful thought, to know what happens when you die, and it's all possible through our Saviour and Redeemer. 

As you probably can tell, being away from the glam and glitz of Easter has allowed me to really focus on the spirituality of the day.

I like to share this with you because the church is a source of peace and happiness in my life, something that brings help in times of need, and therefore, how important is it for me to invite you to come and experience the wonderful things that I have experienced!

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church Jesus established and all we believe is true, I am thankful for the peace and happiness it brings. I know Jesus lives. He is risen!

Cheers, and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment