Monday 25 November 2013

The best gift ever...

Today I'm starting with a letter that Taylor's Bishop's wife sent me yesterday.  It was my birthday and I consider that letter the best gift this year!  I want to share it with all of you.

  • Hi Kelly. My husband is the Bishop of the DOWS Lake ward in Ottawa were we have the pleasure of serving with your son. He is the most incredible missionary. When my son was on his mission I wanted so much to be a fly on the wall so I could see him in action. So I thought I could be your fly on the wall for a few minutes and give you a peek into your sons missionary service.
    He radiates the joy of the gospel to everyone he meets. He's obedient, faithful, enthusiastic, and working very hard with our Chinese members and investigators. Because of this he and his companion are experiencing great success. I don't know how we would manage without him.
    Yesterday they had another baptism, a nice young man . At the baptism your son gave a talk on the Holy Ghost in which spoke fluently in Chinese and English , flowing smoothly from one language to another back and forth flawlessly. I was very proud of him and felt an overwhelming feeling of love for him....just as though you were here in my place. Only a mother would understand what I mean. He was also leading the music for the baptism and during the closing song he spontaneously sang the 3rd verse in Chinese while we sang in English. It was very touching.  
    I just wanted to let you know how blessed we are to have him serving here. Thank you for all you have done to raise such a fine young man, and for all the sacrifices you have made.,..believe me it was worth every bit Emily just let me know of the passing of your other son. We are sorry for your loss. We had no idea. Elder Heinzlmer didn't miss a beat. He just kept serving faithfully. If you have any concerns or if there is anything we can do for him while he is here, please don't hesitate to ask. Love and hugs Sister Piper (and Bishop)

No comments:

Post a Comment