Monday 25 November 2013

Transfers and Baptisms

Happy Birthday Mom!

That sounds so awesome! What a cool trip! That's cool how they converted the church like that! You brought your equipment? That would be awesome to come next time! I guess I could be a dentist lol, but mouths aren't really my thing haha. Where did you go for the humanitarian excursion? Thats so long ago, what is that lady's age? You met a Seventy too? That's so cool!(You can find the explanations for the above on my blog at www.heinzlmeirhaven.blogspot.ca ) 

We just had another transfer call, and it is no surprise that I am staying in Dows Lake with Elder Mataoa. I will be finishing his training, yay! This week was definitely crazy! We met with Nick on Wednesday, we have been teaching him our whole time here. He was preparing to be baptized, but a week before his date of the 16th, he told us he didn't feel ready. So coming to Wednesday, we met with him, and we asked him how he was feeling. He paused for a moment, then said "I changed my mind, I want to be baptized." This caught us a little off guard, I managed to peep out "When?" He said "Sunday?" I said, "We can do Saturday" and he said "Great!" So we set our plans in order. 

Saturday was amazing. Snow lightly falling, it was just right. Nick was just beaming the whole day. Kevin baptized him, I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost in both English and Chinese. The Spirit there was so strong. Then yesterday at Church he was confirmed, and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. This weekend was just perfect. I am so happy for the decision Nick made to be baptized. I know it will bless his life, and the life of his family. 

I am happy for transfers, we are working with great people, and I get to be here for Christmas. Can't believe Christmas is so soon. We have already started singing carols and things. 

I need socks for Christmas, I am down to like 6 pairs. I asked Grandma for them too. Some Tylonel or something would be nice too haha. 

I hope you keep enjoying your time in Nicaragua! :) 

Love you lots!

Elder Heinzlmeir

No comments:

Post a Comment